Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Hello!


Well hello, fancy meeting you here. 

Do you come here often?

Sorry - that's terrible isn't it?

So much pressure about the first blog post and I go and start it with that...

Hi, and thanks so much for coming to read my daft blog.

I'm Laura.  I've thought about writing a blog (along with the rest of the world) for such a long time - so here goes. 

I live in a small sunny flat with my husband and work full time in London, but I have always been a generally crafty person, I love to make new things and gifts and try to be creative. 

However, I really don't devote anywhere near as much time to it as I should. After a whirlwind of a year last year; with a new job, getting married, an awesome honeymoon, then my brothers wedding and Christmas, I just didn't have chance to spend any time spent crafting for pleasure.

How is it that getting married is such an all consuming thing to plan? I know everyone tells you it is, but I just brushed this aside until I went through it myself, and now i'm on the other side I still don't understand how or why it's so time consuming - but it just really is!

So onto the aim of this blog. If you stick with me, I would love to use this area not just to chart my progress and to discuss ideas and failures with new friends, but to inspire me and spur me on to progress in my crafts, to push myself to learn more and try new techniques. As craft is just a hobby for me, I find it difficult to step out of my comfort zone and really push myself to get better with my projects, so i'm hopefully going to be embarrassed into trying new things! Oh, and it might mean i'm more likely to actually finish my projects!

Anyway, so that's the first one over and done with. 

Gosh - wish me luck with the next one!

Lx


2 comments:

  1. Hiya! I will stick with you (am looking much forward to a post about your bridesmaids dresses; as I found you through BH London's picture of all seven of them!).

    As to feeling pressure for the very first blog post; I feel you; am thinking of starting a sewing blog myself, but getting started takes a bit of courage. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! Please send me the link when you start your blog Hilde, we newbies will stick together! x

      Delete