Sunday, 11 January 2015

Turia dungarees and procrastination

So this post today might just count as procrastinating.

The next on my list of makes is the Turia dungarees.

I'm not sure what it is about dungarees, but I have a strange attraction to them. I'm not sure if these ones will ever be worn outside my flat but I just can't resist. I'm trying to persuade myself it's all about learning the techniques - using denim, fitting the trousers, those snazzy denim seams... but it's not. It's because dungarees are just plain cool.

Yesterday I went to Goldhawk Road with the Hus-Beast to buy some denim. I was thinking a dark black denim would look cute, but the only dark denim they had was more of a washed out black which didn't quite fit the job. Instead I got a dark blue with a bit of a stretch, but quite a heavy weight to it. I got the trimmings, came home and cut out the pattern pieces, ironing them properly like a good girl.

But that's where I've stopped. The hurdle - how do you toile a pair of dungarees? I'm going to have to do one - I've got a strangely long torso which is a nightmare in any kind of one piece. But do I do the whole shebang? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Wish me luck peeps!

Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment